Get a Library Card
Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
- Patrons are encouraged to stop in and register for a library number at no charge.
- When registering for a library card, please present a form of identification.
- How to use the library card:
- Checking out books and other materials
- Loan limits
- Reciprocal borrowing privileges
- returning items
- renewing items
- overdues, fines and billing
- requesting an item
- reserving an item
The library has 3 public computers with Internet access. The computers are available on a walk-in basis.
Procedures for Computer Use
- Computers are available on a walk-in basis. A thirty-minute time limit may be enforced. No more than two patrons may use a station at one time, except adults with small children.
- As with other library materials, the library affirms responsibility of parents or guardians to guide their children's use of the Internet.
- Printing is allowed for a fee of $.10. Payment for printing is handled at the circulation desk.
- Misuse of these rules may result in the suspension of termination of computer/internet privileges.
Wirelss Internet Use
The Remsen Public Library provides free wireless access to anyone with a wireless-capable device. Patrons are responsible for knowing how to configure their own equipment. Users of this service should be aware of the following:
- The Library's network is secured. Patrons must ask Library Staff for password.
- The Library cannot guarantee security of computer equipment owned by the patron.
- The Library cannot guarantee network availability.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for loss of data or damage to patron property.
- The library does not provide access to network printers for those using personal devices; Patrons are not permitted to unplug any library equipment for printing.
- Wireless Interest access may not be used for unauthorized, illegal or unethical purposes.
- Patrons using Library wireless Internet service are subject to Computer/Internet Use Policies and Procedures.
The library has a fax machine available to the public.
Write here a description of your library's faxing service. Include:
- The fax number for the library is 712-786-3255
- The cost of sending a fax is $1.00 per page
- The cost of receiving a fax is $1.00 per page
- The faxing service is available during library hours
- The faxing services are available by the library staff only, patrons are not able to operate the fax machine.