The library has 3 public computers with Internet access. The computers are available on a walk-in basis.
|Procedures for Computer Use|
- Computers are available on a walk-in basis. A thirty-minute time limit may be enforced. No more than two patrons may use a station at one time, except adults with small children.
- As with other library materials, the library affirms responsibility of parents or guardians to guide their children's use of the Internet.
- Printing is allowed for a fee of $.25. Payment for printing is handled at the circulation desk.
- Misuse of these rules may result in the suspension of termination of computer/internet privileges.
|Wireless Internet Use
The Remsen Public Library provides free wireless access to anyone with a wireless-capable device. Patrons are responsible for knowing how to configure their own equipment. Users of this service should be aware of the following:
- The Library's network is secured. Patrons must ask Library Staff for password.
- The Library cannot guarantee security of computer equipment owned by the patron.
- The Library cannot guarantee network availability.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for loss of data or damage to patron property.
- The library does not provide access to network printers for those using personal devices; Patrons are not permitted to unplug any library equipment for printing.
- Wireless Interest access may not be used for unauthorized, illegal or unethical purposes.
- Patrons using Library wireless Internet service are subject to Computer/Internet Use Policies and Procedures.